Author
Topic: Reinstalling Templete and Maps

conductbri

Help!  I updated to Finale 27 from 25 and had several problems.  None of my maps or templets transferred over and now I can't find where anything should go.  Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for and where it goes.  I can't find my original info and don't want to but a new copy. 

TBoliske

The templates and midi maps will need to be copied from their previous Finale locations because you have updated to a new full version of Finale. Are you using Windows or Mac operating system? The locations where these folders and files are located is different for each system.

Each system has 2 locations where the files may be stored. you can check your Finale Preferences or look in each of the locations for the contents of your previous version of Finale.

For Mac OS -
Common: /Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale(it may add a 25or 26 if you have installed the newest version while keeping older versions)

User: /(your account name)/Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale(it may add a 25or 26 if you have installed the newest version while keeping older versions)

Windows (these locations work for Windows 7 - 10, I have note tested on 11)
Common: C:\ProgramData\MakeMusic\Finale

User: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\MakeMusic\Finale[version]

Note: some of these folders may be hidden by default so you would need to Google for how to 'unhide/make visible folders'

The XML MIDI Maps should be copied to the MIDI Device Annotation folder.

The Template files should be copied to the Music Files/Templates folder.

Once you have completed copying these files go to your Finale Preferences and make sure that Finale it looking at the proper locations. This especially important for the templates. I usually copy the files to both the Common and User locations just as a precaution.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

austin3802

I don't have a Midi Device annotation Folder :(

TBoliske

Operating system? Finale version?

My reply to the original post should help.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths