Author
Topic: Sibelius Ultimate sounds folder

bmhutch10

I'm trying to understand the part when you add the .xml files to the sounds folder. Im using sibelius ultimate and theres a s"Sibelius Sounds" and a "Library" folder. The library folder contains a sibelius soulds xml file already, but the sibelius sounds folder only has patches. Would i add the xml files of the bundle I purchased to the library folder instead of the sibelius sounds folder? Thanks for the help!

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

They go into the Sibelius User's folder. It doesn't sound like you've found the right place yet. Check out Installing a Sound Set.

If that link doesn't get you the info you need, let me know:

What is your operating system?

Remember, if the "Sounds" folder is not there, you'll have to create it.
Hugh Smith

bmhutch10

It's macOS Monterey. Ill follow that link. I was watching the videos from the tapspace youtube and i followed what they did. Thank you!

bmhutch10

Im attaching screen shots so you can hopefully see what I'm seeing. Ultimate seems a little different from what im reading and seeing on the videos. There's one more screen shot that ill have to attach in another message.

bmhutch10

last screen shot

Hugh Smith

That still does not look correct.

Please attach screenshots that show the full folder / file path.

This may help too: https://forum.thewritescore.com/index.php?topic=584.0
Hugh Smith

bmhutch10

I tried that, but they just got mixed up. Im just confused at what point to add the sounds folder if needed. My path is:
MacHD>library>application support>Avid.
That is the picture above (inside the avid folder). Im not sure if i need to add a sounds folder there, or inside the sibelius sounds folder (containing Libraries [which has .xml files in it already] and Sibelius Sounds [which has all the folders with patch files in it]). Also, sorry for asking so many questions and thank you for the help!

Hugh Smith

i attached what mine looks like - see the full path at the bottom of the image.
Hugh Smith