Author
Topic: Sibelius 7 VDL Template Issues with Sibelius Ultimate

jrwitrado

First, I'm having some issues in Sibelius Ultimate using the Sibelius 7 VDL template. Images are attached to show issues. Page setup settings changed to standard 8.5 x 11 seem to not apply to this template.

Second, Do I need to start with the template to get access to VDL sounds or can I start a new score from scratch like I normally do?

Hugh Smith

Hi jrwitrado, welcome to the forum!

1) i don't see anything in that image that shows an error or issue. What are you wanting me to see?

2) Yes, you need to start with the provided .sib file to access the VDL Template instrument definitions. None of the blank scores from Sibelius' defaults has said instruments in them.
Hugh Smith

jrwitrado

Thank you for the reply in regards to using the template specifically to get the instruments and sounds.

In regards to the format issues, every time I added an instrument, it would just make the page longer and longer no matter what page size I entered. But I didn't realize that the Sibelius template defaulted to "panorama" view so I just switched it to "page" view and I was able to get back to a normal 8.5 x 11 look.

Hugh Smith

Excellent! That was going to be my next question.

Glad you got it sorted.
Hugh Smith