Author
Topic: VDL soundset 7.0a not in sound set drop down menu

james

Hello,

I am trying to set up VDL and with my write score files. I'm running...
Windows 8
Sibelius 6
Virtual Drum line 2.5
Kontakt 5

I have everything working as instructed except that the XML document is not showing up in the drop down menu next to Kontakt 5. I placed the VDL sound set 7.0a file in the correct Sibelius sounds folder but I still only see general midi and a few other generic options in the sound set drop down menu. I even tried to drag the XML file into the sound set box but received an error message that said...

"This is not a MusicXML file and cannot be loaded"

It said in the read me document that kontakt 5 won't work with Sibelius 6 but I can't find a version of kontakt 4 that will run on Windows 8 and I'd like to avoid upgrading to Sibelius 7.

I've tried everything in terms of where to put the VDL sound set file including revealing hidden folders. Nothing will allow the file to show up in the sound set drop down menu.

Hugh Smith

Hi James, welcome to the forum.

You can get Kontakt Player 4 from Tapspace: Kontakt Player 4.2.4 Installer

Once you have that going, come back with any other questions.

Oh, what's the exact location (system directory path) of where you're putting the xml sound set file?
Hugh Smith

james

Hi Hugh, thanks for the quick response.

The Tapspace page required me to fill out a request form including my VDL serial number. I'm currently waiting on a response. Is there a way to get Kontakt 4 right away?

As for the location of the xml sound set file. I've tried various locations with no success. The first I tried was exactly what was listed in the Read Me.

C: - Users - James - AppData - Roaming - Sibelius Software - Sibelius 6 - Sounds

Hugh Smith

Hi James

You'll need to wait for the Tapspace guys to respond, which will be as soon as they can (being a holiday weekend and all).

The sound set is not going to show up in the drop down list in Sibelius until you get KP4 going. And as far as I know, that is the correct location for the sound set file on Windows 8.
Hugh Smith