Author
Topic: Issue with Kontakt Player 2 in VDL Template

Eric Willie

I downloaded the SE6 & VDL Bundle yesterday and everything was working great until I added winds to the template. Now, when I click on a notehead, this appears "KontaktPlayer2: File was not found. Please check if Library is installed correctly." I am certain this is user error, but I don't know how to fix this. Can someone help?

Hugh Smith

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum.

When using the SE6-VDL Bundle, you'll need to make sure that you have at least one instance of KontaktPlayer2 (for the VDL library) and one instance of Sibelius Player (for the Essentials library) in your Playback Configuration. See the attached image for what the Playback Configuration should look like.

If that doesn't get it for you, let us know.

Late
Hugh
Hugh Smith

Eric Willie

Hugh,
Thanks for the quick reply. Here's a shot of the Playback Devices. With this setup, the error message still appears.-EW

Hugh Smith

Thanks for the screenshot, that really helps.

The instance of Sibelius Player needs to have the "SE6 SoundSet 6.0" sound set applied to it, like in the picture I posted above. That sound set needs to be copied from the package you downloaded and pasted into the same place you have the VDL sound set (if you haven't done so already).

I noticed that you have one of the KP2 instances set to use the  "Sibelius Essentials (Kontakt)" sound set. Have you used Sibelius 5 in the past? That's what might actually be giving you the error message.

Make sure that the wind instruments you use are from the "- SE6 Template 6.0" ensemble. See attached image.

Oh, and you may want to either delete or apply a different sound set to the KP2 instance that has the "Sibelius Essentials (Kontakt)" assigned.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

Eric Willie

Hugh,
Thanks again for the quick reply. I have attached two screenshots: (1) The current playback devices (seems like it should work with this set up), and (2) The tenacious error message that appeared after this playback device setting change.

I did use Sibelius 5. Do I need to move everything from Sibelius 5 to the trash?

I just need to write, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks In Advance,
EW

Hugh Smith

No, you do not need to trash anything that you have done in Sib 5.

If ALL you need to do is write, as in you don't need any playback, you can use a Playback Configuration that doesn't have any instances of anything at all. You wouldn't have to wait for sounds to be loaded and you'll still get all of the notation you want in the score. Anyway, another option. (I'm sure you do want playback though.)

Now that I'm seeing the error message in the image you attached, I'm remembering that this shows up when KP2 can't find the patch file it's looking for. From Sibelius, go to Play > Playback Devices, select any KP2 instance from the Active Devices list (on the right), click on the Show button. From the KP2 UI, click on the Info button in the VDL block, then make sure that the Library Installation Path points to where you installed the VDL sounds. (Images attached) Most people using a Mac have it installed in Macintosh HD:Applications:Tapspace:Virtual Drumline 2.5.

If this doesn't fix it, then do a double check that all of the instruments you have in the score are from the appropriate ensembles.

Let us know
Hugh Smith

Eric Willie

Hugh,
Thanks again for all of the help. It turns out that the issue stems from the "Concert Band Combo" for percussion. Once I deleted it, everything works. I will just have to make my own template for the percussionists.

Thanks again,
EW

Hugh Smith

Ah, well, now that actually explains a lot.

Sounds like you haven't updated to VDL library version 2.5.2. You can get info for doing so here:

http://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=3592.0

Once you have updated, you shouldn't have any problems using all of the instruments in VDL Template 6.0b.
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Eric

Did you get VDL library update 2.5.2 installed? If so, is the Concert Band Combo instrument working correctly now?

Let us know so we can mark this topic as [SOLVED].

Thanks
Hugh
Hugh Smith