Author
Topic: install instructions for Sibelius S7S template 7.1 doesn't work

ernestholsen

install instructions for Sibelius S7S template 7.1 doesn't work as documented in the read me file.

From the read me file:

"Install S7S SoundSet 7.1
Find the files labeled S7S_SoundSet_7.1.xml and S7S_SoundSet_7.1_Lite.xml and copy both of them into one of the following folders * (these files are included within the S7S Template zip file you downloaded):

Mac OS X:
/Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds
* You may have to create the Sounds folder yourself."

I completed this step.

The "playback configuration" instructions on page 7 do not show me a soundset for "S7S Soundset 7.1", I only see "Sibelius Sounds".

Where is the  S7S_Template_7.1.slb file and the S7S_PlayTest_7.1 subdirectory to be installed?

I have updated Sibelius to 7.1 and updated the sounds library.

Additionally, I am a complete neophyte to Sibelius, but computer savvy enough to be able to follow clear instructions.

Ernest

Hugh Smith

Hi Ernest, welcome to the forum.

If you had Sibelius open when you copied/pasted the XML files, you'll need to restart Sibelius so it will load them. If you still don't have them in the drop down list after that, then you've inadvertently placed them in the wrong location. Find those files and double check the directory path. Are they in the "Sounds" folder? (There is one other place where Sibelius will see them, but Sibelius central recommends only placing sound sets into the users folder.)

The sib file and PlayTest folder don't have any specific place where they need to go/be.

New or not, please be sure to thoroughly read the Readme file. And if you still have questions or problems getting things setup, you know where to find me.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

ernestholsen

Thank you for the timely reply.

I continued to play with the software and figured out that it was my ignorance of osx pull down menus that was at fault.

But then there was my general ignorance of Sibelius as a further contributor to my failures.

I am now at the point where I can "play" with the software.  Have printed out the most important parts of the manuals and am reading them.

Ernie