Author
Topic: Sibelius Template Updates - May 2012

The Write Score

Sibelius template updates now available for VDL, S7S, SE6: sibelius-template-updates

drumzx

Hugh, if I read this correctly, this template includes the options to use more than 5 bass drums?

Thanks,
Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Quote from: drumzx on May 10, 2012, 04:17:59 PM
Hugh, if I read this correctly, this template includes the options to use more than 5 bass drums?

Hi Steve

Depends on which template you're using. Let's see if I can give you the run down - one of these is bound to answer your question.

• The VDL Template has always given you 6 bass drums to work with, and the 2.5.5 library update now has a couple patches that has 10 available.
  • The S7S Template only has 5 bass drums available. This didn't change.
  • The SE6 Template gives you 6 to work with. This also didn't change.

Let me know if that doesn't answer it for you.
Hugh Smith

drumzx

Well, I'm not entirely sure.  Let me ask you a question or two. . .7.1a is a combination of S7S and SE6?  Or can I use SE6 in Sibelius 7 without any problem?

I guess I'm trying to determine if I need to purchase 7.1a.

Thanks,
Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Quote from: drumzx on May 10, 2012, 06:21:35 PM
7.1a is a combination of S7S and SE6?
No. S7S Template is for Sibelius 7 Sounds which ships with Sib 7. SE6 Template is for Essentials which shipped with Sib 6.

Quote from: drumzx
Or can I use SE6 in Sibelius 7 without any problem?
As long as you have the Essentials (v6) library installed, yes, the SE6 Template can be used in Sib 7.

Quote from: drumzx
I guess I'm trying to determine if I need to purchase 7.1a.
I had them look it up and they said that you purchased the S7S Template back in February. Since you already have S7S, you can get the 7.1a updated package for free. Let them know here.

Hugh Smith

drumzx

Thanks Hugh.

Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

drumzx

Hugh, I have a new problem.  About two and a half weeks ago, I turned on my PC and it downloaded an automatic "Critical Windows Update".  Well that was no fun at all because it wiped out all of my files, music, work, pictures.  No backup but I have one now.

A friend managed to find some of the stuff I needed or lost but the Sibelius files, included templates are gone.  Since I had previously purchased S7S and then, based on our discussion purchased 7.1a, is there a way/link I can go to to recover the templates?

Thanks,
Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Hi Steve

Fill out the Update Request form and someone should be able to get you going again.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

drumzx

Thanks Hugh. . .attempted this morning.

Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

drumzx

Hugh,

Any idea on the turn around after submission of the form?  It asks for order number.  All of that was lost with the loss of my files.  So when I submitted the form, I simply put a question mark in that block and explained the loss issue.  I want to make sure they'll be able to work without those order numbers.

Thanks,
Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Hi Steve

Just checked on it, TWS did not receive the form submission. Did you see an error message when sending the form? Please try the form again.

In the meantime, I'll see if someone can go ahead and process the request for you.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

drumzx

Thanks Hugh. . .I just resubmitted it.  And no, I did not receive any error message on my first attempt.

Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5