Author
Topic: Sib 7.1.2 / VDL 2.5.5 / Template 7.0a

KevinShah

Hey Guys -

I just installed and updated to the latest versions of Sib and VDL and installed the sound set and am using the new template. Some issues with playback and note entry I've encountered. On Rack Combo B - when I press the note on my Keyboard for Sus Roll (the one I've used a million times in Sib 6 with the 6.0a template) the note head thats entered is a small one and doesn't play bad the correct sound. When I hit the key, the sound is correct but the entered note is not.

I also saw this on Snare Drum Manual for buzz rolls. Its a small note and doesn't play back with the correct tremolo. I even tried to manually adjust the note head based on the user maps - still no luck.

I would greatly appreciate help on this issue if any one has any suggestions - Thank you.

Kevin Shah

Hugh Smith

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.

It kinda sounds like the mappings have become corrupted. There's more than one way that can happen. Can you send me the problem file(s)? I sent you a PM to know where to send it.

Also, please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration. I need to duplicate the environment the best I can.
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

In case you missed it on the Tapspace forum, here's my response from there:

Quote from: KevinShah
I did start with a brand new sib 7 template - totally from scratch. The only thing that I did that may have changed it is import my own house style...would that do it?

Yes, that could definitely do it. If Sibelius sees that there are differences between noteheads lists, it will try to compensate for it. The end result can be added notes to the noteheads list, and then corrupted mappings. Since you're getting the "strange" noteheads during input, this seems the likely culprit.

What elements are you trying to import into the template?
Hugh Smith