Author
Topic: percussion maps issue

Mr_Bowe

Hello, I am using Sibelius 7.1.2 and VDL2 and I'm having issues similar to ones described in an earlier post - certain sounds are not playing back correctly. To the best of my knowledge the sound sets are correct. I believe this is a percussion map issue, and I was directed here from Tapspace forums. Any help would be appreciated!
Justin Bowe
Percussion Caption Head, Logan High School (Logan, WV)
Marshall University School of Music, undergraduate.
13" MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 10.6.8
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB RAM, 1333 MHz DDR3
VDL2.5.5 (plugin)
Kontakt Player 5
Sibelius 7.1.2
Sibelius VDL Template 7.0a

Hugh Smith

Hi Justin, welcome to the forum.

I saw the thread you referred to from the Tapspace forum. Jim is correct in that it could be a mapping issue, however, let's see if we can find out what happened if that is indeed the case. Have you altered/modified the original template .sib file in any way (i.e. imported a House Style)?

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.

EDIT:

And please attach a screen shot of your available Ensembles (Choose from) list. Should look something like the image I attached that shows what's in the drop down.
Hugh Smith

Mr_Bowe

Here is the playback configuration I've been using, as well as the add instruments drop-down menu.
Justin Bowe
13" MacBook Pro
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB RAM, 1333 MHz DDR3
VDL2.5.5 (plugin)
Kontakt Player 5
Sibelius 7.1.2

Hugh Smith

Hi Justin

OK, I don't see anything that looks suspicious in either of those images. Can you send me the problem file? (Sent you a PM.)

Hugh
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Hi Justin

I didn't look at all of them, but several of the instruments' mappings you're using in the score have become corrupted. How? Sibelius has added entries to them that don't belong.

Here is a Tapspace forum thread from 2 years ago that will describe in more detail what's going on and how to fix it - including a video that Bryan made that shows what to do.

http://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=3714.0

Let me know how you get on.

Hugh

Hugh Smith

Mr_Bowe

Thank you VERY much! This issue has been plaguing me and my work for the last several years.
Justin Bowe
13" MacBook Pro
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB RAM, 1333 MHz DDR3
VDL2.5.5 (plugin)
Kontakt Player 5
Sibelius 7.1.2

The Write Score

Mr_Bowe's post has moved to Not all wind / brass instruments playing back.

Please remember to start new topics in their own thread.