Author
Topic: Possible auto-load fix for Sib 7.1.2

Hugh Smith

Hey everyone

How many of you are experiencing the auto-loading bug that was introduced in Sib 7.1.2?

For those of you on a Mac (well, PC also), please try the following and post in this forum thread with your results ( quote is from Murray Gusseck, using Sib 7.1.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 ):

"
FWIW, I recently dug up and trashed ALL my custom playback configs to see if I could start from scratch, create a brand new config with KP5 and Sibelius 7 Sounds both loaded, and hopefully circumnavigate that auto-load issue. It seems to have worked for me and one other person (who I was helping at the time).

I literally threw out the custom configs from their parent folder (Macintosh HD>Users>myusername>Library>Application Support>Avid>Sibelius 7>Playback Configurations), and created a new one from scratch with 8 KP5 instances and 1 Sibelius Player. The auto-load behavior seems to have sorted itself out. Admittedly, I haven't even begun to really test this as a workaround...just had time to try it, verify it was working in one file, and passed the instructions to a friend who also said it worked for him.
"

We're hoping to find reproducible results.

Thanks for helping out.

Hugh

The PC user's folder is at: C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Sibelius 7
Hugh Smith