Author
Topic: Using VDL Template with Other Instruments

Houston Youngman

I just recently purchased the VDL template for Sibelius 7, and it works great. but, i do have one question. Is there any way to use VDL with other instruments like violin in the same score? I can only use VDL by itself because it has its own certain playback configuration. When I add instruments, they just play the piano sound, because they aren't in the correct playback configuration. Is there a way to fix this? I would like to write some orchestral music using VDL as the percussion samples. In a simpler form, I'm just wondering if there is a way to use Sibelius Sounds with VDL to create a score. I opened the VDL Template in Sibelius and added a violin, but it just played the sound of a piano. I was wondering if you could help me integrate VDL with Sibelius Sounds so I could get to writing. Thanks!
I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

In that same Playback Configuration that VDL is in, you should be able to add Sibelius Player from the left side to the right. It should default to the "Sibelius 7 Sounds" sound set, but you can change it to the Lite version if you'd like.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've gotten that far, I've changed my playback configuration to include both the Kontakt 5 Player and the Sibelius Player for the Sibelius Sounds. However, now, my Sibelius instruments like the tenor saxophone for example will work. However, now, my SnareLine Manual from VDL plays as a concert snare drum. Even after I go into the instruments catalog and change it to the SnareLine in the VDL template instruments that came with the template I bought, it still plays as a concert snare drum. I'm beginning to wonder if Sibelius has to choose one of the players to use. Perhaps you can help me. Thanks in advance!

I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Please read Missing sounds in Sibelius 7.1.2+ and let me know if this describes the problem.
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

Thank you very much! You've solved the problem! I'll be sure to come here if any other problems arise. Thanks a ton!

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Excellent! Have a great day!
Hugh Smith