Author
Topic: Sibelius Bundle Builder

SunnyOz

I am new to your products.  I have just purchased Sibelius 7.5 and installed on a MAC.

I want to be able to use Sib6 essentials on some instruments, and Sib 7 Jazz on other specific instruments.  From my understanding, your Sibelius S7S-SE6 SoundSet 7.1a will allow me to do that.  Is this compatible with Sib7.5?

On your website, you suggest that "This item is included for FREE when you purchase S7S Template and SE6 Template together. See our Sibelius Bundle Builder for more."

I am interested in doing that.  However, when I click on the link I go to this page: www.thewritescore.com/sibelius-bundle-builder-temp/.  And the note there says: "As we have been rebuilding our site, our Sibelius Bundle Builder isn't quite ready."

Does that mean that I can't purchase a bundle that includes  S7S Template, SE6 Template, and Sibelius S7S-SE6 SoundSet 7.1a?  If there is one.. can you tell me the name of the bundle on that page. 

Also.. is there a bundle that will include the above 3 products, and also the virtual drum line product? (or is the VDL already included as part of the other 3 products?)

I am assuming that all of the above products are compatible with Sib7.5.

Thanks,
SunnyOz

Hugh Smith

Hi Sunny, welcome to the forum.

In looking at that page it appears the S7S-SE6 SoundSet item is not listed there (the difference between that and S7S-SE6 Template is explained below). I'll get with someone to see if that can be corrected.

Quote from: SunnyOz on June 30, 2014, 11:20:25 PM
I want to be able to use Sib6 essentials on some instruments, and Sib 7 Jazz on other specific instruments.  From my understanding, your Sibelius S7S-SE6 SoundSet 7.1a will allow me to do that.  Is this compatible with Sib7.5?
Does that mean that I can't purchase a bundle that includes  S7S Template, SE6 Template, and Sibelius S7S-SE6 SoundSet 7.1a?  If there is one.. can you tell me the name of the bundle on that page.  

If all you need is the sound set to use Sibelius 6 Essentials and Sibelius 7 Sounds at the same time (you define the instrument definitions yourself), S7S-SE6 SoundSet 7.1a is the way to go. However, if you want all of the instruments already defined for you, then S7S-SE6 Bundle will suit you better.

And of course, if you need VDL in the mix, the S7S-SE6-VDL Bundle will include everything you need (all instruments pre-defined).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hugh

Note: the YEARTHREESALE coupon code is still active for another day or two, use it at checkout for 15% off.
Hugh Smith

SunnyOz

Thanks Hugh for your quick reply.

I have been back on your website, and I think I understand how you have bundled things together.  I would like to go ahead and get the two templates for 6 & 7, along with the sound set. 

I just have a few extra clarification questions:

1: They all work with Sib7.5 right?

2: Are your sounds exactly the same as what Sib 6 essentials & 7.5 provide?   In other words, when using this combined sound set sound - if you were to select all 7.5 sounds from the 6/7 set for a song, would that song sound exactly like it would if played using the original 7.5 sounds provided by Sibelius (and the same question goes for the 6 essentials - if you selected only 6 sounds from your combined sound set.. would the piece sound just the same as when you played it with just using the original 6 essentials provided by Sibelius?)

3: So now I need to decide between purchasing either the Sibelius S7S-SE6 Bundle or the Sibelius S7S-SE6-VDL Bundle. The thing I don't understand is about VDL.  I would like to get your VDL template, but I think I don't have the right software to use it yet.

3a: It appears that I have to have the VDL already installed before I can use your VDL template, right?  But we didn't purchase or install any of the extra sound sets/libraries that were available for Sib 6 - like the Virtual Drumline.  So, do I need to purchase that first (for $199) and have it installed before I can use your VDL template?

3b: Do I need the Kontakt Player software to use VDL?

Thanks for taking the time to help me with my purchase decisions.

Hugh Smith

1. Yes

2. I'm going to say yes to this one since it will all sound the same. (Please keep in mind, The Write Score does not sell sample libraries, just support files that better integrate the listed libraries into Sibelius, i.e. fully defined instrument definitions for each library patch.)

3a. Correct. Sib 6 Essentials does include a very small set of VDL sounds, but it is definitely not the whole library. You will only need the VDL Template if you have the full version of VDL installed.

3b. Kontakt Player is a free download. VDL v2.5.5 requires Kontakt Player 4 or higher.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Hugh
Hugh Smith