Author
Topic: No Template in Sound Set Drop Down

hetlanlm

Windows 7 64 bit
Sibelius 7 64 bit
Kontakt 5 64 bit
VDL 2.5.5

I am able to see Kontakt 5 in Devices and am able to make it the Active Device.  

When under the Manual Sound Sets tab and click the Sound Set drop down, the template does not show up.  Even when Configuration is the VDL Template, VDL does not show up in the drop down.

From the VDL template I downloaded, I believe I put the .xml file in the correct location (attached).

I am able to open Kontakt Player and use the VDL library with my midi keyboard.

Can someone help?

Lauren

Hugh Smith

Hi Lauren, welcome to the forum.

The .xml file looks to be in the correct location.

Unless you have a specific reason to do so, you do not need to use the Manual Sound Set tab with the VDL Template. It's designed to make full use of Sibelius' auto-loading feature.

Can you attach a screen shot of the Active Devices tab? Do you see the sound set in KP5's "Sound Set" drop down list? If not, then Sibelius does not see that VDL is installed and we'll need to help it.
Hugh Smith

hetlanlm

Here you go.

Yea VDL doesn't show up anywhere...   Is there a way to help Sibelius recognize it's there?

Hugh Smith

Exactly which version of Sibelius are you using? Kontakt Player should show up as a "Kontakt" Type, not a VST.

In Kontakt Player stand alone, remove VDL from the Libraries tab (click on the gear icon), then add it back. Sibelius should then see that VDL is installed.
Hugh Smith