Author
Topic: Windows 8 Sibelius 6.2 VDL - No Sound

brentengland

Having some issues.  I have updated VDL to 2.5.5, installed Kontakt 4, and purchased the template from The Write Score.

I can see the Sound Set in Sibelius, under Playback Devices.  When I play anything in Sibelius, I get no sound.  When I switch to Sibelius Player, the sound works.

Any suggestions?

brentengland

Screen Shot

Hugh Smith

Hi Brent, welcome to the forum.

You need to swap out the VST (Type) version of Kontakt Player for the Kontakt version. Then give it a go.
Hugh Smith

brentengland

Still having trouble.  The levels on the Sibelius mixer are moving when I playback, but nothing from speakers.

Hugh Smith

I asked you here if you got sound from VDL in stand alone. Did you?

The pic of the config you just attached does not have the correct sound set - needs to be "VDL SoundSet 7.0a".

Have you tried any/all those other Audio Interface options?
Hugh Smith

brentengland

Got that taken care of on my desktop.  VDL and templates are up and running. Thanks so much for your help!

Now, running into problems on my laptop...when trying to load the library into Kontakt 4 I get "error while writing files to disk."

Following the same steps as I did on the desktop, but no success.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: brentengland on November 17, 2014, 10:23:59 AM
Got that taken care of on my desktop.  VDL and templates are up and running. Thanks so much for your help!

What did you end up having to do? (You're welcome.)

Quote from: brentengland on November 17, 2014, 10:23:59 AM
Now, running into problems on my laptop...when trying to load the library into Kontakt 4 I get "error while writing files to disk."

That does not sound like a Template problem. Much elaboration or contacting Tapspace will be necessary.
Hugh Smith