Author
Topic: Finale 2014 - Kontakt player/sounds issues

Dave E

Hello,

I am using Finale 2014 and Virtual Drumline 2.5 with a Mac OX S Lion 10.7.5.

Everything is loaded and in the correct folders as stated in the Read Me file as far as I can tell.

My problem is that there are no sounds once I open the template. I get this message - "Missing Audio Units Plug-in: Kontakt 5". My applications folder only shows that I have Kontakt Player 2. I guess it came with VDL..? I don't remember reading anywhere that I had to have Kontakt 5 to play the sounds on the template in the system requirements section on your site. So, I downloaded Kontakt 5 5.4.1 and now my Mac won't install it because the operating system has to be 10.8 or higher. So...

What am I missing here? What do I need to do? Do I have to upgrade my Mac? Any help is appreciated. I'm not real educated on the intricacies of  Finale and VDL. I just wanted to make my life simpler...and it's not working so far :)

Thanks!

TBoliske

Dave,

If you wish to use Kontakt 5 you will need to update to OS 10.8. Other options would be to see if you can find a version of Kontakt 4. As a registered VDL user Tapspace may be able to assist in this matter. Additionally, Finale 2014 is not supported for Mac OS 10.7. So there is that incentive to update your system. Finally, the 2014 templates are made to work with VDL 2.5.5. They should work with earlier versions of VDL 2.5 but sounds not found in earlier versions while appearing in the percussion maps and layouts of the template will not be available to use.

Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

Dave E

Thanks for the reply Ted.

Will it be a huge difference if I don't have VDL 2.5.5.? I'm just using the basic sounds....

Dave

TBoliske

It would probably be easier for you to compare the different set of sounds between the different versions since everyone's needs are different.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths