Author
Topic: Landscape

SirChopsAlot

I have finale 2012 and the latest version of VDL and template.  My problem is that I can get the template to show in landscape but it will not print in landscape. Second any sticking that I input while looking at the score gets displaced when I go back to page view

TBoliske

Sorry for the delay in responding.

To handle the page display/print issue, there are two places in the program to check. The first is in the Page Layout Tool > Page Size. Here you may switch both the size and orientation of the page. The second place is under the File menu > Printer Page Setup. My guess is it's the second place that is throwing things off when printing. Please note that these are for the Mac version of Finale. The Printer Page Setup location may be different under Windows. The Page Layout Tool location will not change.

With regards to stickings, the solution depends upon how you are entering them into the score. If you are using the Lyrics Tool the stickings should be locked to the note. If you're using the Expression Tool, this may be the cause of the problem. The Expression Tool is not the best solution for stickings as they should be treated like lyrics.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths