Author
Topic: ***SOLVED*** COMB2 and weird discovery

mmaize

Hello,

I am trying to use COMB2 with Sibelius 7.5.1 on a Macbook Pro, and I can't find the XML files to drop in the Sibelius Sounds file. Any help with this?

Additionally, I use VDL with TWS templates, and upon looking into my Sounds file for Sibelius, I don't have any of the TWS templates for VDL in there, but my files work perfect when I compose in Sibelius! Just curious, does anyone know where they are? lol!

Thanks for your help.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: mmaize on May 19, 2015, 12:27:53 AM
I am trying to use COMB2 with Sibelius 7.5.1 on a Macbook Pro, and I can't find the XML files to drop in the Sibelius Sounds file. Any help with this?

The COMB2 sound set is included with Sib 7.5.

Quote from: mmaize on May 19, 2015, 12:27:53 AM
Additionally, I use VDL with TWS templates, and upon looking into my Sounds file for Sibelius, I don't have any of the TWS templates for VDL in there, but my files work perfect when I compose in Sibelius! Just curious, does anyone know where they are? lol!

The custom template instrument definitions are in the .sib files that are in the TWS package you downloaded. Please review the Readme PDF on how to use these. If you have questions after that, come on back and I'll help you.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your help. I reviewed the TWS instructions that came with my purchase, and I see where it says to place the templates in the "sound" folder in Sibelius...but after looking in mine, it isn't there. I totally forgot where I moved these files in the first place, but VDL works great for me, just don't know where the files are. Thanks for the help.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: mmaize on May 19, 2015, 01:59:38 PM
...but after looking in mine, it isn't there.
...just don't know where the files are.

What isn't where? Now I'm uncertain as to what you're asking.

The templates (.sib files) do not go in the Sounds folder, the XML sound set file goes in the Sounds folder. The .sib files are what you make copies of for new writing projects and open them directly in Sibelius.

Are you trying to get things setup on a new computer?
Hugh Smith

mmaize

Hi Hugh,

No, not trying to set up a new computer. Yes- I meant the XML files. I don't know where I put them-they are not in the Sounds folder. Attached is a picture of my sounds folder for Sibelius.

Hugh Smith

That is not the Sounds folder, that's where the S7S sample library resides. What you want is the Sibelius User's folder, which is at:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/

Then the Sounds folder goes/is inside that.

I've attached a screen shot of where mine is. (Also note that the Library folder is hidden by default.)
Hugh Smith

mmaize

For some reason, when I click on that folder, it is blank for me. Is something hidden? Picture attached. Thanks!

Hugh Smith

Please show me the complete path.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

here it is.

Hugh Smith

The path needs to start with "/Users/...", not "/Library/...". Please look again at what I posted above.
Hugh Smith

mmaize

Thanks for the help.

Attached is a new picture. I went to users-my name (Meza) but there is not library folder.

Hugh Smith

It's there, it's just hidden by default. Click this link to do a search on how to see it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mac+user+library+folder&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=view+mac+user+library+folder
Hugh Smith

mmaize

Hi,

Thanks so much for your help. That linked was great and it helped me figure it out! I attached a picture of the found library and updated this to include the word "solved" just in case anyone else has the same issue, thanks! I didn't know there was another library folder in the username; I was getting it confused with the other library that was not in the username. Thanks again!!!!

Hugh Smith

You're welcome, Mike.

Let me know if you have any more questions. (Start a new thread/topic if you do.)
Hugh Smith