Author
Topic: Title of Document not showing VDL Temp. 2014

bdrumsanchez

I setup a marching band score using the 2014 Fin_Ensemble template.  Opened up the file, setup using the wizard, deleted instruments that I wasn't going to use.  Then added all the wind instruments needed.  I'm done with the arrangement, and ready to print parts and score.  Why is my title not showing on any of the pages i.e. parts and score? My system is a Macbook Pro, 8 gigs ram, SSD 500 gigs hard drive, Finale 2014.
bdrumsanchez
MacBookPro late 2011 2.4 ghz, intel core i5
OS Yosemite 8 gb Ram 500 gb SSD
VDL 2.5, Finale 2014, Logic Pro x

TBoliske

On your score, in page view:

1. select the Text Tool
2. click in the areas of the page where you want the title/arranger/etc. information added
3. from the Text Tool menu, select Insert and the item you wish to add.

You may need to make some adjustments to alignment, etc.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

bdrumsanchez

Thanks. for the quick reply.  My questions is: Shouldn't the wizard set that up automatically if you've entered the title when prompted?  Like it does when you use a template in Finale?  I should also mention that the part names are not showing either! I did as you recommend on a previous project, and it was redundant, annoying, time consuming, etc...
bdrumsanchez
MacBookPro late 2011 2.4 ghz, intel core i5
OS Yosemite 8 gb Ram 500 gb SSD
VDL 2.5, Finale 2014, Logic Pro x

TBoliske

I'm not certain why the Setup Wizard would not include the part names. I would suggest that rather than using the Setup Wizard to modify one of the templates, use the Score Manager. Much easier to add and/or remove staves, change staff names, etc.

As for getting the part names to appear, follow the same same steps I mentioned previously. In step 2, click in the upper left corner of the score page and select Inserts Part/Score Name. This should add part names to all of the individual parts.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths