Author
Topic: Rack Combo A- "C" space doubling

sizzlecrash

Hi Hugh,

In the Rack Combo A map file, both the concert snare and middle tom-tom note have the same note head and note line- the "C" space. This only creates a problem because with every other sound, I do not need to indicate a change more than once because each sound has a unique notehead, but this one does not. I understand that the note heads have different numbers (i.e. 0 for toms and 20 for snare), but for a student/performer it is impossible to tell which sound I intend unless I label it with text. Is there a way around this? I've attached an example of a silly thing that I have to do sometimes that I'd like to avoid if possible.

Thanks a bunch!

-Tom Wilson

Hugh Smith

Hi Tom

Are you comfortable with editing the mapping? Before making any changes, be sure to make a copy of the instrument first (so you will still have the original). Then do one or more of:

1) Change the tom noteheads to whatever you like.
2) Change the snare noteheads to whatever you like.
3) Move the tom noteheads down to the lines - would have to do something else with the Impact Drum also.

Take note of the "Input using pitch" before moving any items as it may change on you, then change it back after the notehead has been moved.

Let me know how it goes.
Hugh Smith