Author
Topic: Can't see Sound Set in Playback Configuration

khanka

I copied the VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml file to this location Sib (8): /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius/Sounds (10.6.7+)

However, I still can't see the sound set as an option in Playback Devices (screenshot attached). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hugh Smith

Hi khanka, welcome to the forum!

1) It's recommended that Mac users select the AU version of Kontakt Player.

2) Good, the "Virtual Drumline 2.5" sound set is showing up, which means that Sibelius can see that the library is installed.

3) I'm fairly certain that you don't have the sound set at "/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius/Sounds" :) - unless of course that is what your username actually is. Please attach a screen shot showing the entire folder/directory structure pointing to the file.
Hugh Smith

khanka

True... that wasn't the exact location haha. Here's a screenshot of the file info/location. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hugh Smith

Hmm... that looks correct. Just to be sure, have you restarted Sibelius? And maybe the computer?
Hugh Smith

Kanderson

I'm having the same problem. Double and triple checked the path, restarted Sibelius, still no sign of the sound set.
iMac 27" (Late 2013)
3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5
8gb RAM
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5

Hugh Smith

Hi Kanderson, welcome to the forum!

Quote from: Kanderson on December 08, 2015, 09:17:33 PM
I'm having the same problem. Double and triple checked the path, restarted Sibelius, still no sign of the sound set.

Does the "Virtual Drumline 2.5" sound set show up?

Please attach screen shots.
Hugh Smith

Kanderson

Found it!  It was either the restart I did this morning, or the fact that it wasn't listed alphabetically and I just missed it.  (If it was the latter, I'll just sheepishly retire back to my corner.)  :)
iMac 27" (Late 2013)
3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5
8gb RAM
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5

Hugh Smith

Excellent! Glad to hear it's working.
Hugh Smith