Author
Topic: VDL Sounds Not Option

Tim Bray

I'm sure it's sure error, but I don't think anything is working as it's supposed to. I finally bit the bullet to switch to Sib 7.5, had it since it came out, dreaded this process. I purchased the VDL 2.5.5 update, don't think it downloaded properly, and the VDL 7.0 Template. I already had Kontact 5, but removed and download the latest version when nothing worked. After adding the VDL Lib to the Kontact Player the Information drop down menu only shows 3 things, Readme,pdf, VDL2.5 User guide.pdf and Helpful Weblinks No Library

In Sibelius play set-up there is no VDL Option. I have three Kontact 5 VSL and one K5 AU option. There is no dropdown menu under sounds to select from.

I think I followed all instructions and placed/loaded everything. No idea where to go or to start looking. 

Hugh Smith

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you need to revisit your VDL 2.5.5 installation. The awesome folks at Tapspace will be happy to assist - see if they can hook you up with a fresh/full VDL installer.

Once you have VDL going (working in standalone mode), review the setup instructions in the Template Readme file and let me know if you still need assistance.
Hugh Smith

Tim Bray

Thanks Hugh.

I am in full agreement with you. Just looked at the KP Player and only have a few instruments and no samples. Something didn't install for sure. I'll contact Tapspace and start over.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Bray

Hugh,

I removed and reinstalled the VDL Lib. Folder again to KP5 and it appears to be all there now. However, there is still no VDL sound set option in playback devices. Hoovering over sounds only brings up "general Midi" After restarting the computer and Sib. I now only have one Kontakt AU option as well. (on the left side) no longer have any VST options, previously there were 3 VST and one AU. (Technology hates me)

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!
Tim

Tim Bray

Shut down and restarted and it's now working. Thanks for your help! Hope I don't need to ask again. (:

Hugh Smith

Glad to hear.

And if you do have another question, don't hesitate to start another topic.
Hugh Smith