Author
Topic: Don't see the VDL_SoundSet_7.0a in the Playback Devices Sound Set drop down menu

PaulyRhythm

Hello. Need a little help with the set up of my newly purchased VDL Template 7.0a. Here are my specs:

OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
Sibelius 8.1.1
Kontakt 5.5.2

First obstacle - I don't see :  Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds

There is a : Macintosh HD/Applications/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7 Sounds 
     There is also a "Sibelius 7 Sounds.xml" in : Macintosh HD/Applications/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius Sounds

I have placed the "VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml in both of the last two locations and I am still not seeing the "VDL_SoundSet_7.0a" in the Playback Devices Sound Set drop down menu in Sibelius. I do see "Virtual Drumline 2.5" in that drop down menu, but not the "VDL_SoundSet_7.0a"

What should I do to solve this problem? I thank you ahead of time for your assistance.

Hugh Smith

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum!

Quote from: PaulyRhythm on March 12, 2016, 06:01:58 PM
First obstacle - I don't see :  Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds

This Library folder is hidden by default. See Mac OSX hidden Library folder for at least one method for revealing it.
Hugh Smith

PaulyRhythm

Thank You Bunches for your quick response Hugh! I was able to get that resolved thanks to your help. :-)

Hugh Smith

Outstanding!
Hugh Smith