Author
Topic: VDL Sound Set

connoringram55

Hi!  I'm not seeing the VDL sound set in my playback config.  All I see is VDL 2.5.  Where do I find this sound set, and where does it need to go?  Thanks!

Hugh Smith

The XML file to "install" is located in the package you downloaded. Where did you place the file?

You may need to review the instructions in the Readme. You can also read Installing A Sound Set.

Attach screen shots if you're not sure of the placement.
Hugh Smith

connoringram55

I attached a screen shot of where I put it.  I read the readme and it said to put it in the Sounds folder, but I don't have that.  It just says Sibelius 7>Playback config.  I'm running Sibelius 8.2 though.  This playback config folder is where all the other xml files are, but when I open Sibelius it ignores that the VDL sound set is there and doesn't show it.

Hugh Smith

That does not look right. Please show me the complete path.

Also read Mac OSX Hidden Library Folder

See attached file of what mine looks like.
Hugh Smith

connoringram55

Ok, for some reason I don't have the sounds folder.  I'm running Sibelius 8.2.  Here's a screen shot.

Hugh Smith

Yeah, you need to create it, then put the file(s) in.

Capital S
Hugh Smith

connoringram55

Ok, I added the folder and put the sound set in it.  I'm still not getting the sounds that correspond to the keymaps.  Do I need to add the sound folder to Sibelius 7 as well?

connoringram55

Also, I did see the sound set in the playback config in Sibelius this time and selected it.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: connoringram55 on May 02, 2016, 04:20:50 PM
I'm still not getting the sounds that correspond to the keymaps. Do I need to add the sound folder to Sibelius 7 as well?

No. You need to make a copy of the .sib template file to start a new project. Another option is spelled out in the Readme. You can also check your setup by playing back the TriggerTest files.

Please make another pass through the Readme PDF.

Quote from: connoringram55 on May 02, 2016, 04:22:42 PM
Also, I did see the sound set in the playback config in Sibelius this time and selected it.

Excellent!
Hugh Smith

connoringram55

I've set everything up the way the readme says.  I have Kontakt 5 and the VDL soundset selected in the templates sound configuration.  I did as you said and checked the Kontakt interface while Sibelius was open and the keys I'm pressing don't correspond to the keys being activated in Kontakt.  How do I fix this?

connoringram55

Here's some screenshots of what I'm talking about.

Hugh Smith

The Playback Configuration looks correct.

1) Does VDL playback in stand alone mode?

2) Do the TriggerTest files playback?

3) Are you using a copy of the Template .sib file with instruments being selected from the "- VDL Template 7.0a" Ensemble?

Oh, VDL inside Kontakt Player does not look right. From Kontakt Player, remove VDL, then add it back.

Quote from: connoringram55 on May 02, 2016, 09:04:08 PM
I've set everything up the way the readme says.

There are non-Template setup issues that can arise. The Readme assumes you have Sibelius and VDL installed correctly. Looks right now the issue resides with the VDL setup.
Hugh Smith

connoringram55

The VDL library was playing correctly in stand alone.

The triggerTest files seemed to worked fine. 

I removed the VDL library, but now when I add it back it says there was an error in writing the files.  I think this is my problem.  How can I fix this?

Hugh Smith

I'd contact Tapspace. Start here: http://www.tapspace.com/support-sample-library
Hugh Smith

connoringram55

Hi!  I talked to the Tapspace support and they confirmed my installation is all correct.  They said the problem is in the communication between my template and Kontakt.