Author
Topic: HTML file help

tonestar

Hey all, I'm new to THE WRITE SCORE. I need direction. I just downloaded my Sibelius VDL template for my MAC. I noticed that it was an HTML file. I did a little research and changed the file name to end in.zip dropping the html. Ok...That worked...sort of. I clicked on the file, then it magically disappeared or loaded somewhere on my mac without any pop-up or instructions. Am I missing something? Please help, I need to get up and running today. Thank you all so much!

tonestar

Hey all,

Here's an update. I've gotten a little further, but am still frustrated getting this template to work. Sibelius is seeing my Kontakt 5 player, and I was able to pull down a separate window to activate the VDL sound library. However, the next step ( Add new sound/change instruments window) showed no VDL sound template. Please instruct me what I did wrong or where that file needs to go. Also, it is protocol with Sibelius to dump playback configurations when playback problems fail in Sibelius. With VDL, does one have to manually reinstall the .xml files each time one dumps the playback folders?

T

Hugh Smith

Hi T, welcome to the forum.

Since you're new to the Template, another thorough pass through the Readme file is highly recommended.

Are you new to Sibelius also?

Either way there will be at least a slight learning curve, but I can assure you, once you get it figured out, I'll never see you around here again. :)
Hugh Smith

tonestar

Yes, I am a Sibelius user. SIB 8.4. I use a MACBOOK Pro -2015 version.

I think the problem lies with the Playback configuration. In Kontakt under active devices, the right side pulldown window that allows me to select soundest, I was using VDL . should there be a pulldown for the sib VDL 7.0a template there? Cause it's not showing. And if so, which folder in application support do I put it in? I see that I have put it in Sibelius Playback configuration folder.

My path was: MAC HD-LIBRARY-APP SUPPORT-AVID-SIBELUS-PLAYBACK CONFIG folder.

I'm puzzled...

T

Hugh Smith

Hi T

That is the incorrect folder to place the XML sound set file. It needs to go into (may need to read Mac OSX hidden Library folder):
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius/Sounds

Here's what mine looks like in the image attachment on this post: https://forum.thewritescore.com/index.php?topic=639.msg2842#msg2842

If you're not certain, attach a screen shot of the entire path you have it in.
Hugh Smith

tonestar

Thanks for the reply . I believe all my files are in the correct folders, however the VDL template does not show up like VDL sib 7.0, what does show up is VDL 2.5

tonestar

I will attach a picture of the folder. ( just a reminder, all the sounds play in Kontakt..So we are good there)

See image in attachment. I also see I'm not the only one having this issue with Sib 8. Could that be the problem?

Hugh Smith

Hmm... something doesn't look quite right. Is the VDL SoundSet file an alias? I see the little black arrow in the file icon that suggests it is.

Make sure the file in this location is not an alias. Otherwise, it looks like you're in the correct folder.
Hugh Smith