Author
Topic: Sibelius 8 Crashing

daniel_marshall98

TWS edit: split topic, from SIB 8.1 Crashing

I believe I accidentally posted this in the Sibelius 7.5 forum but I am having the same issue with the Sibelius 8. I have put the .xml file in the correct place and attempted the trashing of the Playback Configurations folder and neither have worked, Sibelius still consistantly crashes when changing from "General Midi" to the template in the Kontakt Sound Set.

Hugh Smith

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum.

What operating system / Kontakt Player / VDL / Sibelius (i.e. v8.x.x) versions are you running?

Please attach screen shots of:

1) your Playback Configuration
2) complete path to where you installed the template sound set
3) anything that shows error messages
Hugh Smith

daniel_marshall98

Hi,

I'm running on a Macbook Pro 13" Retina with the El Captain OS 10.11.5, Kontakt Player Version 5.6.0, Virtual Drumline 2.5.5, and Sibelius 8.4.2.231

Hugh Smith

Hmm... OK. Only thing I see right now is you should use the AU version of Kontakt Player instead of the VST version. Don't think that will resolve in and of itself the crashing issue, but start there.

Did you try the "delete the Playback Configurations directory" step?

Did you send the crash log to Sibelius?
Hugh Smith

daniel_marshall98

Thank you,

I am unfamiliar how to get/use the AU version of Kontakt Player and yes I have sent both the crash report and attempted deleting the Playback Config folder which has not helped resolve the issue.

daniel_marshall98

I actually just switched to the AU version and Sibelius is no longer crashing and I am able to get playback now! That being said, there are times such as when I copy and paste music from old scores to the new one to get updated sounds it does not play back entirely or at all.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: daniel_marshall98 on September 23, 2016, 01:10:20 PM
... there are times such as when I copy and paste music from old scores to the new one to get updated sounds it does not play back entirely or at all.

What is the originating source of the file you're copying from? If it's not from the same version of the Template you're using now, certain objects may be brought in that can "corrupt" things.

When in doubt, always manually input notes.
Hugh Smith