Author
Topic: MIDI Keyboard usage with VDL2 (with template) and Sibelius y

xverna

Hi,

So I own a O2 USB MIDI controller keyboard (2-octave).  When I type the sounds from my MIDI keyboard to the score, I hear the sound I want.  However, I don't hear that particular sound in the playback...Is there a way to fix this?

Let me know, thanks.

XV

Joe

If you are using a template, be sure you are applying any required articulation to the note; this affects playback.

xverna

Ok, that helps a bit actually.  The issue now is that I have a different set of sounds that I didn't have before...so I used to be able to get 6 bass sounds - with normal strokes on the drums.  I can't get that now...can you advise?

Thanks,

XV

xverna

Nvm, I think it was some sort of glitch.  What I can't figure out is how to make the best out of using my MIDI keyboard.  It seems easier to just input the notes with the computer keyboard...Anyone else has this issue?

XV

Hugh Smith

What version of Virtual Drumline are you using? What version of Sibelius?
Hugh Smith

xverna

Virtual Drumline 2.0 w the latest template and Sibelius 6

Hugh Smith

If you are using VDL Template 6.0b (the latest), you're going to get the best results by upgrading VDL to 2.5.2. First you'll need to get VDL 2.5, which is only $19 for existing VDL2 users. Then you'll need to follow the instructions on how to update to 2.5.1, then to 2.5.2.
Hugh Smith