Author
Topic: Audio balance Winds vs. Percussion

Waters

Since I've upgraded to this template, my wind sounds are MUCH louder than my percussion sounds.  I have lowered the wind volume levels on the mixer and maxed out the percussion levels, but the winds are still very overbalanced.  It seems to me that the percussion sounds are too soft for where I have them on the mixer.

Other than the mixer, are there other ways of manipulating the instrument output levels?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for any help.
Nick Waters
Windows xp
Intel duo core 1.83GHz
3GB RAM
system only used for SIB and VDL
Sib 6.2.0
VDL 2.5.2
SE6 .sib6.0

Hugh Smith

Usually balance issues are due to using an older version of VDL, VDL 2.5.1 fixed a lot of things like this; but I think you said that you are using VDL 2.5.2. I'm not aware of any template-specific issues that relate to volume levels.

Quote from: Waters on August 04, 2011, 07:36:47 PM
Other than the mixer, are there other ways of manipulating the instrument output levels?
Quote from: Jim Casella
Try this:
In KP2 (or KP4), go into the "Options" window, and click on the "Audio Engine" tab. Set "default volume for new instrument and volume reset" to a value of 0db. That should help bring up everything globally.

If that doesn't get it, we may have to dig deeper into your setup to see what's going on.
Hugh Smith