mhayes13

Good evening,

System Info:
2019 MacBook Pro
macOS Catalina
Finale 26.2.1.464
Kontakt Player Version 6
Latest TWS version (2014)

I installed the template in: Library--> Application support--> MakeMusic--> Finale 26--> Libraries
I installed the 6 xml files in: Library--> Application support--> MakeMusic--> Finale 26--> MIDI Device Annotation

Not all of the pitched percussion plays (for example, marimba, vibes, bowed vibes are fine, but bowed crotales do not work) and none of the mapping is working for non-pitched percussion. Some of the associated non-pitched sounds work, but not all of them.

I'm not quite sure where I went wrong. I tried following along to the guide but it seems like there was a disconnect where my system stopped cooperating with me but the guide moved on to changing instruments mid-arrangement.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

TBoliske

The template files should go here: Library -> Application Support -> MakeMusic -> Finale 26 -> Music Files -> Templates

The XML files are where they should be.

Also, make certain that you open one of the template files and review the Score Manager settings are good. Especially you should have the MIDI Maps column visible. It's on the far right of the upper box. If you review the ReadMe starting with page 7 - Installing the Finale 2014 VDL Files and continue through Working with Finale Templates and Percussion Functionality in Finale.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

mhayes13

Quote from: TBoliske on February 22, 2020, 08:03:57 AM
The template files should go here: Library -> Application Support -> MakeMusic -> Finale 26 -> Music Files -> Templates

The XML files are where they should be.

Also, make certain that you open one of the template files and review the Score Manager settings are good. Especially you should have the MIDI Maps column visible. It's on the far right of the upper box. If you review the ReadMe starting with page 7 - Installing the Finale 2014 VDL Files and continue through Working with Finale Templates and Percussion Functionality in Finale.

I misspoke above. I have the template files in the correct location. I have the file "FIN14_VDL255_Percussion Library.lib" in the library location.
Thank you for the response! I've double-checked the score manager settings and I haven't really seen anything wrong there. I'll keep looking to see if I can figure out what I did wrong. Any other ideas of where I went wrong?

mhayes13

I figured out what was wrong!! :D In finale26, you have to specifically open up the option to see the percussion midi map. Thank you for your help!!

TBoliske

Glad to hear that things are working. Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths