Author
Topic: Sibelius Ultimate/Catalina 10.15.5/VDL 2.5.5

cleanbeats

I am a new Mac user! MacBook Pro running; Catalina 10.15.5, Sibelius Ultimate, Kontakt 6, VDL 2.5.5. I have read the readme files multiple times, yet I am still having difficulty in understanding where exactly I need to install S7S/VDL Bundle files. As I attempt to figure out and follow directions, questions come to mind and I have been sent to you.

1. Being that I am using Sibelius Ultimate, do I still need to download the Sibelius7SoundsUpdate? If so, where does this file get placed in Sibelius? following directions in the readme file and using the link to update sounds, I am not seeing where to find what readme file says I should. However, I did find the Sibelius7SoundsUpdate712.dmg and downloaded as instructed.

2. I have placed the VDL_SoundSet_7.0a.xml file in a sound folder. The path I used is; Macintosh HD/Library/ApplicationSupport/Avid/Sibelius/Sounds (I had to create sounds folder). Is this correct? Do I place both S7S_SoundSet_7.1a.xml and S7S_Soundset_7.1a_Lite.xml files in the same sound folder I created for VDL_SoundSet_7.0.xml file?

3. Where do I place S7S_Template_7.1a.sib (sib7) and VDL_Template_7.0a.sib (sib7) files so they are installed correctly?

Any help or guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated! I am sure I am making this more difficult than it really is, but the learning curve is steep at the moment.

Thank you for your time!

Hugh Smith

Hi, welcome to the forum!

1. That update is for Sibelius 7 Sounds. Did you get the full install of it going first?

2. That's the wrong place - needs to go into Sib User's folder. See Installing A Sound Set. And the pertinent Library folder is hidden by default, so read this too.

3. There are two ways to start a new project using the Template(s) [in your case, you'll want to use the Sib_Bundle_7.1a_(Sib7).sib file]: 1) make a fresh copy of the .sib template file for each new project, 2) create a Manuscript Paper following the instructions in Appendix C of the Readme, this will then be available in the New dialog.

Let me know how you get on.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Oh, and all the sound sets will go into the Sounds folder.
Hugh Smith