Author
Topic: Ghosted notes over rolls

mikep

Not sure what I did, but see attachment. Playback has also been affected, playing different sounds from the same bank - such as crush rolls instead of regular strokes.

mikep

Figured it out. Started working in an old file from two years ago in Finale 25. After working for a while I opened it in 26.

Are there updated templates for 26?

TBoliske

There are no new templates currently available for Finale 26. I have been working on updates and fixes, but there is no timeline for completion. The current templates work as there have not been any real changes to how Finale handles percussion in several versions.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

mikep

I'd like to update my Mac to Big Sur, but only Finale 26 will run. So I opened the file and everything looks good, but playback was off. Realized the maps are missing. I don't see option to choose the maps. Are they in some folder and do they need to be copied into a Finale 26 folder?

TBoliske

Check the MIDI Device Annotation folder, both locations. ~/Library/Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale (the name may also be Finale26 if you have Finale27 installed), or ~/Users/Library//Application Support/MakeMusic/Finale (naming as above).
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths