Author
Topic: Bass Drums Playback as rim clicks on default

Branson.spencer

I have tried everything and looked everywhere to have my playback of virtual drumlins 2.5.5 with Sibelius 7.5 running smoothly. However, When I playback my music for Drum Corp Battery the Bass Drums playback as rim clicks instead of actual hits on the head. I have a template for virtual drumline and i don't know how to change it. When I go to the mixer and select the settings for kontakt 5 it says [0-32] Rims in the MW value 01 slot. 

MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.3
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5

Hugh Smith

Can I assume you have regular notehead 0 (zero) in the score for the hits? Sounds like there may be a MIDI message of some sort on the staff somewhere.

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration, how you're inputting the notes into the score, etc.

And I'm not sure why/how you're in the Mixer making/tweaking Kontakt Player settings.
Hugh Smith

Branson.spencer

I was trying whatever i could to fix it on my own, and i thought i figured it out. The notepad is the regular zero notepad, but it plays back as a rim click.

Branson.spencer

TWS Edit: See attached images

Hugh Smith

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.

Do you have any hidden MIDI messages in there?
Hugh Smith

Branson.spencer

TWS Edit: See attached image

Hugh Smith

Well, there's at least one problem. You don't have the correct sound set assigned to your instance of Kontakt Player.

Please read/review the instructions in the Readme on pages:

6 - Install Template Sound Set
7 - Playback Configuration

Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Hugh Smith

Branson.spencer

I changed a few things and i got to the point of where I had to make a Sounds folder in the Sibelius 7 folder. I also have a Sibelius 7.5 folder, and i don't know what to do now.

TWS Edit: See attached images

Hugh Smith

Tip: Use command+shift+4 to get a customizable-sized screen grab. (And please go ahead and attach images instead of link to them.)

The second image does not look correct, there are other folders/files in the User's folder.

What is the exact path you're placing the sound set? Should match this:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7.5/Sounds

I attached a screen shot of mine.
Hugh Smith

Branson.spencer

This is what shows up when I follow that path.

Hugh Smith

Good. Now create the "Sounds" folder and place the Template sound set in it.

Branson, please attach screen shots.
Hugh Smith

Branson.spencer

Ok i have placed the template in the sounds folder. What do I do next to adjust playback

Branson.spencer

This is the playback configuration, but it's still playing back as rim clicks.

Hugh Smith

Configuration now looks good.

1) Do the TriggerTest files playback correctly? See Appendix B of the Readme for more.

2) Exactly which Bass Drum instrument are you using? Is it from the Template?
Hugh Smith

Branson.spencer

The Trigger Test did Perfect. Yes, I am using the template. These are the Bass lines I'm using in this configuration.